Rules and Guidelines
Gigs Arena’s Rules and Guidelines
We’re cultivating a space for a community that wants to play a part in changing how the world works together. We’ve built a global network of writers, designers, producers, videographers, business owners, and professionals across hundreds of industries, who use Gig’s Arena every day to create something they believe in. We’re inspired by each and every one of our community members. We value their perspectives, beliefs, and views—they are what makes Gigs Arena so dynamic.
In order to maintain a respectful, inclusive, and safe environment for everyone, we’ve created a set of community standards to serve as a moral compass for behavior on our platform. These standards help define what is acceptable in the Gigs Arena community and marketplace, and explain how violations are enforced. They aren’t tied to any law, but are used to govern our platform policies. They reflect our attitudes, expectations, and social norms. Our community standards are rooted in our core values — respect, safety, acceptance, support, and open-mindedness.
Just like our community, these standards will continue to grow, evolve, and change. We have embedded examples in the community standards for unacceptable activities on Gigs Arena. Please note that these are intended to be examples only and not a complete list.
We encourage our community to use our reporting tools when encountering anything that is unacceptable. We want to create the best experience for all community members, and ask that you respect and follow these guidelines.
Integrity and Authenticity
Coronavirus (COVID-19) related services
During these sensitive times, we are cautious about Coronavirus (COVID-19) related services that are allowed on Gigs Arena. For example, we do not allow users to offer or ask for services that are related to healing Coronavirus or creating content regarding Coronavirus that may be used for spreading misleading information.
Should you see an item that violates our policies, please don’t hesitate to report it.
Please do not offer or ask for:
- Services that are intended to heal, prevent or treat Coronavirus (COVID-19), including emotional therapy.
- The creation of medical, scientific or informative content exclusively on Coronavirus (COVID-19). Gigs Arena is committed to fighting the spread of fake news regarding Coronavirus. Therefore, if a service is reported or flagged as being used to create or promote the spread of fake news; we will investigate and take action accordingly.
- Donations or investments.
- Face Masks. Creating a hand made mask as part of our Arts & Crafts subcategory is allowed.
We do allow services that support businesses, marketers or individuals during these times, for example, business communications or online lessons.
Misrepresentation is defined as fraudulent, negligent, or innocent misstatements, or an incomplete statement of a material fact.
Misleading profile information
- Post a fake name, location, gender or photo in your user profile.
- Present a fake ID document if asked to.
- Write misleading content in your profile description, skills or education.
Misrepresenting Gig elements
- Copy Gig descriptions, packages and other gig elements from other users.
- Raise the price of your Gig service in personal messages before or after purchase.Bait-and-switch marketing is not acceptable.
- Have someone else present you in your gig.
- Post non-original images or images you do not have the right to use in your Gig.
- Post non-original videos or videos that you do not have the right to use in your Gig profile.
- Deliver non-original work or send non-original work samples.
Requesting or providing services intended to mislead others.
Deepfakes are created using artificial intelligence technology that superimposes the movements and words of one person onto another. While there are many legitimate applications of this technology, including mainstream filmmaking, deepfakes can also make it harder to combat the spread of disinformation and potentially easier to dismiss real events as fake. We monitor deepfake activity closely and will review reported cases on an individual basis.
Do not post, offer or ask for a testimonial which is a written or spoken statement of a person extolling the virtues of a product or a service.
Do not post, offer or ask for paid reviews, positive or negative feedback on any product, service or performance.
Fake engagement and traffic
Do not post, offer or ask for:
- Followers, subscribers, fans or views on social media platforms.
- Fake engagement on any platform.
Promise a service outcome which is not in your control
In certain instances, sellers may be tempted to promise outcomes of their service which is not in their control. For example, guaranteeing to restore your Amazon account or promising an exact amount of viewers for a Youtube video by its digital promotion. Please refrain from promising outcomes that are not in your control because it misleads buyers.
Do not post, offer or ask for the creation, changing or editing of official documents such as IDs, passports, drivers license, bank statements or death and birth certificates.
Gigs Arena defines Fake News as false or intentionally misleading information or propaganda that is developed and presented as authentic news. Manipulation, disinformation, false information, and conspiracy theories have always existed, however, technological advances have allowed such information to be well-produced, widely distributed, and consumed on such a scale that it now threatens to undermine democratic institutions worldwide.
Gigs Arena is committed to fighting the spread of fake news. Therefore, if it is reported or flagged that Gigs Arena’s platform is being used to create or promote the spread of fake news; we will investigate and take action accordingly.
Third Party Violations
We do not allow the Infringement of third parties terms of service on Gigs Arena. As a valued member of the Gigs Arena community, we ask you to respect the broader Internet community and refrain from such violations in your Gig offerings. Gigs that will be flagged for violations of third parties terms of service will be removed from the marketplace.
Do not post, offer or ask for services that Infringe third parties terms of service.
Gigs Arena’s marketplace is open for sellers to offer any creative and productive service they wish to propose. With that being said, we ask to refrain from offering any unethical service. For example, taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) or requesting academic work to be done for you, is unethical since it violates most schools’ Honor Codes and constitutes copyright infringement. Gigs Arena does not allow this type of fraudulent activities and it will not be permitted on our platform.
We do not allow services that are meant to provide any medical treatment, advice, or supply.
Do not post, offer, or ask for:
- Medical treatment, advice on any medical condition, or pharmaceutical advice.
- Any kind of medical drugs or pharmaceuticals.
- Medical equipment or pharmaceutical supply.
We define spam on Gigs Arena as messaging activity that is unwanted, repeatedly occurring and disruptive to the experience of recipients. Spam can take many forms ranging from unwanted offers to commercially-motivated solicitations that aim to drive traffic or attention to websites, products, and services outside of Gigs Arena.
Please respect our members’ privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions or anything which is not directly related to their Gigs or orders.
- Contact our users with offers, questions, suggestions or anything unrelated to their Gigs or orders.
- Send multiple unsolicited or deceptive messages.
- Abuse our communication tools to distribute mass messages.
Gigs Arena defines hate speech as words or ideas that are designed to incite violence or hatred against a person, or group of people, defined on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, age, disability, or other similar ground. We believe that the spread of hate speech online not only affects the groups or individuals that it targets, it also negatively impacts society in general, including those who speak out for freedom, tolerance, and non-discrimination.
While Gigs Arena believes deeply in freedom of expression—which not only includes information or ideas that are perceived as positive, inoffensive, or neutral, but also expression that might seem offensive, shocking, or disturbing to some—we’re also committed to moving swiftly and aggressively to investigate conduct that has been flagged as hate speech, and will respond in a manner that is consistent with existing laws and the values of the company.
We take hate speech violations very seriously, and anyone using hate speech towards another user or towards our customer support representatives will be removed from Gigs Arena. We will also take action against any user asking or delivering hate speech related content on Gigs Arena.
- Use violent or dehumanising speech against a person or group of people defined on the basis of race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, age, disability, or other similar ground.
- Publish, offer or ask for any content that expresses or supports discriminatory ideas.
- Offer or ask for the writing or editing of texts that supports discriminatory behavior and ideas.
We do allow people to offer or ask for content regarding the research of hate-speech or content that is related to the prevention of hate-speech.
Under Gigs Arena’s community standards, discrimination means unfair or unequal treatment of an individual or group based on age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, race, religion, and sexual orientation.
Gigs Arena will investigate claims of discrimination on a case-by-case basis, and defend protected groups whenever possible.
- Express your unwillingness to work with a person or a group of people based on age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or other similar ground.
- Publish, offer or ask for any content that expresses or supports discriminatory ideas.
- Offer or ask for the writing or editing of texts that support discriminatory ideas or practices.
Adult, Nudity and Sexual Activity
Explicit content meant to be sexually gratifying is not allowed on Gigs Arena. If detected or reported, sexually explicit content will be blocked and participants could be banned from the marketplace. Gigs and deliveries portraying violent, graphic, or humiliating fetishes are also not allowed.
Sexually explicit content featuring minors and content that seeks to sexually exploit minors is prohibited on Gigs Arena. We immediately report content that violates this policy to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, who work with global law enforcement agencies.
Gigs Arena will allow nudity when the primary purpose is educational, scientific, or artistic, and it isn’t gratuitous. For example, a video edit ordered by a midwife depicting proper breastfeeding technique would be appropriate, while creating a video with clips from the same film but used out of context for the purpose of sexual gratification, would not. Out-of-context nudity from indigenous communities, protests, medical procedures, childbirth, artistic performances, breastfeeding or like, may not meet our documentary exception.
Do not post, offer or ask for:
- Nude or adult related images or videos.
- Sex or sexual partners.
- Sex chats or conversations.
- The execution of fetish scenarios.
- Sexually gratifying modeling.
- Content that depicts explicit sexual activity, unless the conditions for “documentary exception,” as listed above, exist.
Gigs Arena will act quickly to block transactions that features child nudity and will flag the offending account for review.